Senior cats certainly deserve extra pampering — and one way for them to welcome the new year is with a homemade treat.
The following purr-inducing recipe from PawNation.com is pretty simple.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine half a cup of dry milk with half a cup of wheat germ. Mix well with a regular-sized jar of baby food (a liver flavor is sure to please your cat) and a little bit of honey.
3. Grease a cookie sheet and drop tablespoonfuls of the treat batter onto the sheet just as you would with cookie dough.
4. Bake for 8–10 minutes. The treats will have a slightly gooey consistency.
5. If you’re not going to serve all the treats in the next few days, freeze half the baked batch.